Communications and Social Media Internship (Remote)
The Institute for Palestine Studies (USA), Inc., (IPS) is looking for a passionate and creative intern to join our team. The intern will closely work with the Communications and Social Media Manager. Candidates should be current undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in a communications, journalism, English or related major. Recent graduates welcome to apply.
- Basic Adobe or online design software (i.e. Canva) skills with a keen eye for clean design;
- Excellent knowledge of Twitter, Instagram and Facebook social media practices;
- Experience and interest in writing and editing for blog formats or online publications;
- Ability to work independently and to make informed decisions on the basis of provided parameters;
- Basic knowledge of the history of the Middle East and specifically Palestinian history;
- Detail oriented and time management skills;
- Available to work a minimum of 15-20 hours per week;
- Must be based in the United States.
- Write one blogpost per month for the duration of the internship
- Assist in vetting and editing blog submissions
- E-mail marketing – create a biweekly IPS digital newsletter
- Digital content production – create and suggest relevant social media posts
- Assist in the development and implementation of social media strategy
- Monitor the news cycle surrounding Palestinian cultural and political affairs
- Monitor and write a monthly report on U.S. mainstream print media’s coverage of Palestine
Internship Stipend: $250 per month.
Internship duration: 10/26/2020 - 12/18/2020
Application deadline: Oct. 21, 2020
Please email a cover letter and CV to [email protected] for consideration.
Please note that this a remote internship opportunity.
IPS is a 501 (c)(3) academic research institute located in Georgetown, Washington, DC. Its mission is exclusively devoted to educational research and documentation on Palestinian issues and the Arab-Israeli conflict. Please visit palestine-studies.org for more information.
No phone calls, please!